Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sept. 5 - Lisa's Musings (about Dancing in the Streets) and Every Day Life

Oh what a difference a day makes.

As promised, I did read every word about U-M football in the Free Press today and smiled. Yesterday's game was a great start to the season and no "but, but, but" could take that away from me. And it shouldn't take anything away from the team, either.

Enjoy it for a couple days, folks. Quit looking for negatives and savor what happened on the field yesterday. Please.

I am. In fact, I pseudo danced in the streets of Ann Arbor this afternoon.

But, it's not what you're thinking. I covered the annual Labor Day Weekend event in downtown called "Dancing in the Streets."

And, lots of people were doing it. Some already knew how; others were learning. But what they all had in common were the smiles on their faces.

If I hadn't been lugging my camera and a notebook and a pen, I'd probably have joined them. I did dance in place a bit and swayed back and forth.

It was perfect weather, the live music was terrific, and to quote one person I spoke to for my story, "This is quintessential Ann Arbor."

Yup.

How many cities do you know that will close the streets so people can dance in them?

So tap your feet for U-M.

Go Blue.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]