Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Friday, September 3, 2010

Sept. 3 - Lisa's Musings (on new bridges) and Every Day Life





For the fourth time since I moved back to Michigan, I was given a close-up view of a new bridge.

First, I covered the refurbished Foster Road Bridge in Ann Arbor Township, then the rehabbed East Delhi Bridge in Scio Township.

In between was a completely new Main Street Bridge in Dexter – and for that one I was raised up above it in a Dexter Area Fire Authority ladder truck. Now that was both cool and scary – since I’m not big on heights.

Today, I was on site for the official reopening of the Dexter-Pinckney Road Bridge and I have to say this one was the best yet.

One of the neighbors, Willie Patterson, invited me onto her property so I could take photos and examine the structure from a really up-close and personal vantage point. Plus, she’d taken all kinds of photos, so I got to see it from start to finish.

But the best part was standing on her lawn and watching boats cruise under the bridge while cars drove over it. The weather was perfect. There were white caps on the lake and as far as bridges go, I have to say, it was rather pretty.

I’ve included a few photos so you can live my day vicariously.

Oh, and something blowing in the wind upset my Internet connection -- thus the reason for the late blog today.

Go Blue!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]