Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sept. 2 - Lisa's Musings (on what you wish for) and Every Day Life

Yup. You may blame me for today's weather. I asked for it and I got it.

Thank you Mommy Nature. My grass thanks you. My strawberry basket that I forget to water thanks you and apparently, the wild turkeys thank you,too.

Yippee, my turkeys were back today.

It's the first time I've seen them in months. But I don't think they were doing the boot scoot boogie or the hootchie-coochie or any of those mating dance things.

I just think they came back for a visit. You know, see the ole dancin' grounds. Or something.

I tried to get their photo for this blog, but apparently, like the hummingbirds, they're not into mugging for the camera. Maybe it's something I said. I don't know.

But as soon as I got close enough to focus -- even with a long lens -- they took one look at me and walked really, really fast into the woods. Then I felt badly because they made such a hasty exit.

It wasn't very welcoming of me, I'm afraid.

And goes contrary to everything we're about -- out here in the country.

So, wild turkeys, if you're reading this ... I didn't mean to intrude on your special time on my front yard. Or your privacy.

Really.

You're welcome here any time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]