Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sept. 1 - Lisa's Musings (on September and) From Every Day Life

Have you heard the saying, “Fair weather the first of September, fair for the month?”

Me, either, but apparently, it’s a traditional saying, and I kinda like it.

In fact, I’m all about getting on with fall. Quite frankly, I’ve had enough of this hot, hot summer. I’d had enough in July, but perhaps that’s because it’s been a record-breaking hot summer this year.

But today’s the first day of September and other than being a wee bit hot, (OK, really hot), this afternoon a nice breeze blew in and it was rather pleasant outside.

And, I don’t know what it’s doing out your way, but here, there are leaves flying.

Yet another precursor to my favorite time of year. Yes, fall. When the morning air is crisp – like the apples it brings – yet it warms up in the afternoon, then cools down for the evening.

Did I mention sleeping with open windows?

Ah, it puts me in a happy place just thinking about it.

Now, if I could make one wee request, (and I don’t want to bring a hurricane here), but my grass could really use a little rain. It’s looking rather, uh, straw-like, and since I like to walk around in bare feet, I haven’t been doing that much lately. This probably isn’t a bad thing because this is the time of year when the yellow jackets like to build nests in the ground.

And I’m allergic to bees.

Which brings me to another fun thing about this month – it’s National Honey Month.

So that means it’s time to re-read Winnie-The-Pooh.

Bzzz-bzzz-bzzz to you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]