Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sept. 4 - Lisa's Musings (on Michigan football) and Every Day Life

Well, the State of Michigan football began on a positive note today with both U of M and MSU winning their opening day games.

Woohoo ... I can't wait to see the headlines in the Sunday papers.

And I'm happiest for Denard Robinson who set a Michigan QB record and was a one-man offensive machine today. Kinda like Mike Hart, only at QB.

And I watched both games with my dogs at home. Yes, you heard me right. I was home alone for the action.

It's not like I didn't have many invitations to go to The Big House. I did. Many of them in fact. I just didn't feel like it.

And this is probably the first time in 10-plus years I haven't been in the stadium for the first game of the season.

But for some reason, this year, I didn't want to go. And I can't pinpoint the reason.

Perhaps because I thought they'd get killed by UConn? Maybe.

Because it's the anniversary of my dad's memorial service? Perhaps.

Maybe a combination of both. Could be.

In fact, my little brother was in town from New Jersey for the game and I didn't even meet up with him. And, the thing is, it's not like I wasn't in AA today. I was. This morning. To pick up my CSA. But I couldn't get out of town fast enough.

I watched The Game. I watched the MSU game.

But I wasn't on the edge of my seat, and I didn't yell at the TV. My friends will tell you ... I ALWAYS yell at the TV.

I put today's win in my little brother's hands. And my dad's too, I guess. Because I know he was there in spirit.

A true Michigan man. Through and through.

I wonder what he thinks about the new stadium?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]