Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jan. 23 - Lisa's Musings From Every Day Life

I got a new TV today.

Well, not a new TV, but one that's new to me.

And its screen is probably twice the size of the one I was watching.

It's so wide that I can read the fine print on the bottom from the dining room while typing on my laptop that sits on the kitchen table.

I didn't realize how small the screen on the old, (also given to me), TV was, until this afternoon.

When the new one was switched on for the first time.

I guess it's like ignoring ugly wallpaper in the house. You're just so used to seeing it, you don't notice it any more.

Did I mention I have a LOT of ugly wallpaper in this house?

But back to the "new" TV.

For some reason, everyone offers me their old TV's, and I accept them.

In fact, I think I'm one of the few people on earth who has never bought a new TV.

Ever.

Ironically, though, with all the new TV's I've been given in my lifetime, I only have one hooked up at a time.

And it's in the living room.

I'm also probably one of the few people in the country who doesn't have a TV in my bedroom.

Instead of watching TV before I go to sleep, I read.

And, I think that's a good thing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]