Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jan. 16 -- Lisa's Musings from Every Day Life and the AA Farmer's Market







Today's musings involve trying new things.

Both canine and human.

From three different venues.

First up, the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market. Where I bought my puppy Hannewald Lamb Dehydrated Lamb Liver from Judi Hannewald of Stockbridge.

She's a delightful person and sells equally well liked lamb products. And how do I know this? Because person after person purchased her products while raving about the quality.

I'm hoping Driver, otherwise known as Redwyn's Hard Drive, will really like these treats, since I'm showing him for the first time this week at an AKC show. As a 9-12 month old puppy dog at a four-day show in Novi at the Rock Financial Showplace.

I've tried baking my own liver, but not only was it smelly, but also he really didn't like it that much.

For me was Thomas Organic Creamery Organic Yogurt. The blueberry variety.

Mark Angelini offered samples and it was by far, the BEST yogurt I've ever tasted.

And, let me tell you, the Great Diet of 2010 has me taste testing the many different yogurt flavors out there.

In addition, I bought a container of frozen spaghetti sauce from Pasta e Pasta. I'd tasted it before and it's yum-yum-yummy.

Well, except for the mushrooms, but I'm pretty good at removing them.

From there, I made a stop at Great Harvest Bread Company for a taste of their terrific bread. A sign outside the door offering six free whole wheat rolls if you bought a soup mix was a bargain too tempting to pass up.

So, I bought a chicken noodle soup mix. You know, one of those bags of pretty dehydrated ingredients. Just add leftover chicken and broth.

Voila. Amazingly tasty soup when I got home from my adventures.

And last, but certainly not least, while covering the annual Saline Historical Society antique show, apple pie.

I was told over and over that people who didn't like antiques went to the show just to have a piece of the apple pie baked by the Saline Area Scouts.

Yes, I know. But, come one, one taste isn't going to ruin all the progress I've made and turn me into a pie-eating contest participant.

I'm not a big fan of pie, but it was pretty darn good. For a pie.

I'd say it was a pretty darn fun Saturday.

Living in this area offers people so many different tastes; I highly recommend giving them something new a try. You might find that you like it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]