Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jan. 14 - Lisa's Musings on (The Great Diet of 2010) Every Day Life

People have been asking, so I thought I'd update you on my progress in the Great Diet of 2010.

Begun on Dec. 20, it's been almost a month and I've got to tell you, it hasn't been that bad.

I haven't jumped off my roof, grabbed an entire bag of chips or cookies, or eaten a quart of ice cream.

This Just Say No thing -- I can do this.

Of course, it helps to be a rather determined creature when it comes to mind over feeding time as I eye the upcoming dog show season and shorts this summer for agility trials.

I haven't starved myself -- I've been sticking to 1,000-1,4000 calories.

For the most part.

A few days I've gone over by a bit, but ... I've discovered a bunch of crunchy and, my downfall, sweet foods, which I actually like and can nibble for those types of cravings.

So I have four words for anyone dieting -- Lean Cuisine on sale.

I bought a dozen of them a couple weeks ago so, when I don't have time to prepare a good low-cal meal, I'm not foraging for something quick but non-nutritious. There are all sorts of these prepackaged low calorie meals. And they're rather tasty.

So, how much weight have I lost?

With no scale, I haven't a clue.

I'm judging my progress by how many more pairs of pants I can squeeze my body into and actually wear comfortably.

I started with exactly two pairs -- one BRIGHT orange, another dark gray that I could wear for any length of time without wanting to unbutton the top button and let my tummy hang out.

The acid test comes at Ann Arbor City Council meetings, sitting in those horribly uncomfortable pew-like benches. I'm up to six pairs at this point with more to try on. But I haven't needed to do so thus far.

So I think I'm doing pretty well.

Thanks for asking.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]