Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, January 4, 2010

Jan. 4 - Lisa's Musings from the Ann Arbor Council Meeting

Welcome to the first night of my January meeting month from hell.

With a wonderous week off for the holidays, I've stayed up late as part of my training regime.

I've figured out how to program the new DVR and activated the aircard.

I had a terrific bowl of beef and barley soup, and I'm armed with a perfectly portioned, calorie-counted baggie of high energy nuts, fruits and twigs -- otherwise known as Lisa's version of trail mix.

It's all part of my pre-game ritual.

For something new and different, I brought my laptop and new aircard to the Ann Arbor City Council meeting tonight, which is supposed to begin in seven minutes. There are four council members to be found in the chambers. I suspect the rest are in the council version of the bat cave readying themselves for the first meeting of 2010.

These things never start on time; which annoys the hell out of me.

And today was no different. It's now 8:22 and they have yet to vote on anything; but I do now know how snow plowing operations work in the city.

There have been 30 incidents of deer-car interactions in Ann Arbor ... shall I go on?

The life of a reporter is sometimes very dull.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The ubiquitous meeting: a necessary, universal "groaner". It's likely most attendees had as much fun as you. But I sure have new respect for an assignment like this that drags a reporter away from the creature comforts of home on a bitter winter evening; chancing a news-worthy nugget.

I'm enjoying your musings Lisa.

They've become my daily, guilty pleasure; clicking in to discover what entree you've cooked up.

I can always count on a healthy portion of folksy wisdom served with a pungent sidedish of wit and a fresh salad of truth (sometimes)splashed with a lite vinegrette of sarcasm.

It's a great diet so far.

January 4, 2010 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa A said...

Appreciate the comments -- I hope others are enjoying this blog as well.

January 5, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]