Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jan. 3 - Lisa's musings on Every Day Life



When I was a little kid, I didn't like dolls.

Instead, I liked little stuffed animals -- preferably life-like woodland creatures. Steiff, of course.

And my mother would take me into FAO Schwartz in New York City to shop for my newest squirrel or chipmunk or mouse.

Today, I visited the Museum on Main Street for a story about a doll and toy train collection. I wasn't all that excited about seeing the dolls, because even as a "big kid," I still don't like them.

But I do find model trains fascinating. And this set-up did not disappoint.

However, I WAS intrigued by the gloriously built doll house. And as I stood there, checking out all the miniature furnishings, it reminded me of the stuffed animal version of a "doll house," my mom had bought all of my Steiff stuffed animals.

It was a tree house shape, actually, complete with rough wood exterior and three rustic floors decorated with an equally woodsy decor.

I spent hours playing with my stuffed animals, seating them for tea on the little chairs around a round table. Putting them to bed, placing them in the balcony, dressing them in little stuffed animal-sized clothing.

And I think they would have loved this elaborate house, which even had working lights.

Check it out for yourself from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays through Jan. 24.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa A said...

Thanks, Claudia for taking the time to send me a note.

I'm having lots of fun with the snippets that are part of my Every Day Life; sometimes as a reporter, sometimes not.

January 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]