Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jan. 10 - Lisa's Musings from Every Day Life






Today's topic is clothing.

Because I was out and about today taking photos -- wearing many, many layers of it.

In fact, I was dressed like a miniature snow woman, to protect my back.

See, that's me. In the window.

I was taking photos of some of the restaurants that are participating in Ann Arbor Restaurant Week from Jan. 17-22, which is your chance to try out one of 26 downtown restaurants for a $12 lunch or $25 dinner per person.

Check out www.annarborrestaurantweek.com for the complete list. And, reservations are highly recommended as some of the spots book quickly.

But I digress.

As we all bundle up to beat Michigan's sometimes harsh winter cold, I think it's important to do so in style.

Or try.

Did I mention taking a close look at my reflection in the window? Smile.

What you didn't see were U-M college students in shorts and short-sleeved T-shirts on State Street tossing around a football. In the snow.

Or basketball fans heading toward Crisler Arena without hats or gloves.

Did anyone happen to check the temperature before they headed outside -- it wasn't exactly balmy out there.

Or perhaps I'm just getting old.

Older and wiser than when I was a U-M student?

I don't remember ever heading anywhere in the winter without dressing for the cold.

But they say the mind is the first thing to go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]