Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jan. 5 - Lisa's Musings from the Ann Arbor Planning Commisison

Another January night. Another meeting.

Actually, today was a daily double. Two meetings. One perfectly suited to my internal clock -- a 1 p.m. meeting at the Washtenaw County Road Commission. I haven't been there in a long time, but I'm already liking these meetings.

Individual comfortable chairs, a convenient plug for the laptop -- did I mention it happens at 1 p.m.?

And, this one lasted less than an hour.

Tonight, I'm back in these totally uncomfortable, feels like I'm in church without the preaching bench in the Ann Arbor City Council Chambers for two public hearings.

The first involves a gas station with a cute name -- Gallup One Stop; the other a controversial multiple-family housing development called The Moravian, which has been kicking around for a couple of years. It's gone through all kinds of changes, so we'll see if this one goes anywhere.

About 30 people here, I suspect most of them to speak on The Moravian project.

Day Two of my meeting month from hell. But at least I got smart this time and brought a power cord, so I'll have power for the entire meeting.

And can surf the Web OR actually pay attention to what's going on.

I have a feeling it might be a 50-50 proposition.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]