Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jan. 13 - Lisa's Musings (on cows) From Every Day Life






I'm an admitted cow fan.

And I know there are lots of you bovine fanciers out there as well.





Are you there, Jana?

She's the new editor of the Manchester Enterprise who has cows on the wall at her desk in the office.

If these paintings tickle your cow-loving fancy, take a look at them in person at the Ann Arbor Art Center gallery.

I was there today interviewing four artists who sell their work there.

The A2 Journal spotlights an artist every Thursday, along with a vendor from the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market.

Both appear on the calendar page, so be sure to check them out.

I'm hoping to get an interview with this artist to discover his personal fascination with one of my favorite farm animals.

Speaking of farming, I've written extensively about the local industry and was named the 2009 Ag Communicator of the Year by the fine folks at the Washtenaw County Farm Bureau.

And I have a sash AND a crown to prove it.

But trust me, I'm not resting on last year's laurels.

I plan to write even more about local farmers this year, and I'm looking forward to getting started on what I hope will be a series of stories that will take a look at many crops grown locally for the table and the feed trough.

Probably even some that these cows enjoy.

With that, I'll bid an adieu for today with a moo.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]