Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sept. 7 - Lisa's Musings (on going back to school) and Every Day Life






I spent the first day of school at Logan Elementary today.

Surprisingly, I saw no teary-eyed kindergartner's parents and Logan Principal Terra Webster made mention of not needing a box of tissues this year, either.

What I saw were excited teachers and students who couldn't wait to get on with the school year.

And I learned the Logan cheer, too.
"Hey Logan!
We're Logan!
Where are the leopards?
Right here!
We've got spirit!
We've got smarts!
We will work with all our hearts."

And, I'm sure they will.

Wish I could have stayed for lunch -- hot dogs were on the menu, but I had to head out to a Road Commission meeting.

And once I finish this and feed the dogs, it's off to the Ann Arbor City Council meeting.

'Tis a busy Tuesday.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]