Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept. 13 - Lisa's Musings (on the little things) and Every Day Life

My Monday began by cleaning up multiple piles of dog diarrhea from a pink carpet. And I'm still not sure which dog was the guilty party.

I headed to Ann Arbor to take photos at the downtown library only to be told I couldn't take pictures of the children. Huh? I called Friday to give the library the head's up and I've taken numerous photos at many events in this library.

So, I turned around and drove home photo-less. And, yes, just a wee, wee, wee bit annoyed. Translated pissed as hell.

And it took until I was almost in my driveway before I stopped growling. Two wasted hours, mileage and parking fees for nodda. nothing. zilch.

So I decided to do something about it and what better way than to look to Mother Nature for a smile?

First stop, my bird feeders. Saturday, I'd gone to Dexter Mill and bought new bird seed (black oiler sunflower and thistle seed). By the time I got home Saturday, it was raining and yesterday, I didn't go far from the bathroom so ... I hadn't had a chance to put it out yet.

From there, I walked outside into the dog yard to let the dogs out. And Mother Nature saw fit to reciprocate my kindness and in the process make my day.

While standing there watching Driver bounce and run around, while Ryan rolled in the grass and dirt in a sunny spot -- two dogs content doing their individual thing, a Monarch butterfly landed on my shoulder.

Better than a blue bird (no poop to worry about) this bright orange butterfly hung out for a few seconds, then flew away leaving me with a completely new attitude for the rest of the day.

Don't ever poo-poo the little unexpected moments in life. It's the little things in life that can make your day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]