Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Aug. 17 - Lisa's Musings (on proof in the photo) and Every Day Life

Ah, the comfortable power of the seat cushion.










I look almost happy to be sitting the Ann Arbor City Council chambers Monday night, don't I?

Well, in the interest of truth in journalism, I asked Ryan Stanton from Ann Arbor DotCom to take my photo. (So, a shout out to him for helping me with this blog.)

OK, I look kinda goofy sitting there on my new seat-and-back cushion, but you get the picture, right?

And, all the council members, and a few members of the public, were impressed. Maybe even envious. I did hear a few "sweet," comments.

The thing is, and I'm not complaining, mind you, but I hardly had a chance to get it warm because, are you ready, the meeting was over in about an hour.

Sure, it looked like a light agenda, but with this group, ya never know what might be lurking in the wings just waiting to drag the meeting out for hours and hours.

Not so Monday night, although I was also warned by one council member that this would probably the only time we'd get out this early until next August.

Gulp.

But I'll be ready for that first meeting in September, armed with my new butt-and-back comfort aide.

I wonder if it will make it on TV.

One thing's for sure, though, I know it will be well broken in by the time the meeting's over.

Now, if I can just stay awake ...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]