Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, August 16, 2010

Aug. 16 - Lisa's Musings (on buying NASCAR stuff) and Every Day Life

I actually can't wait to go to the Ann Arbor City Council meeting tonight.

No, I have not lost my mind and no, aliens have not invaded my body.

Really. I promise.

But when I plunk my butt on those really, really uncomfortable, awful horrible, hard seats, I'll have a secret weapon. And it's got the No. 14 on it.

While at MIS this weekend, I broke down and bought a seat cushion. Does this mean I'm admitting I'm getting old?

And, no, not a Michigan one, which is what everyone would expect me to buy. But not at MIS. Nope. I bought a bright red-and-black Tony Stewart one. And it even has a back hooger if I want to open it up.

I'll probably catch some flack about it, because from a distance it might look like something an Ohio State fan might own, and long-time readers know I've not been my usual bleed-maize-and-blue, excited-about-Meechigan-football fan, of late.

So, no, I have not crossed over to the dark side. I'm still a Michigan fan.

I also bought one of those silly Digger T-shirts, too, but I won't be wearing it to the meeting.

It's black shoe night. And maybe a red jacket, but I'll have to double check that it doesn't clash with my new seat cushion.

I have a reputation of dressing properly to uphold.

Go blue. Go Tony.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]