Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31 - Lisa's Musings (on farm fresh meals) and Every Day Life







Every morsel of today's lunch was locally grown and farm fresh.

Even the shrimp burgers ... yes, locally grown shrimp. You can find them at the Thursday Westside Farmers' Market.

Please note all the pretty colors of vegetables that were steamed; they got the attention of the two four-legged chef's helpers as well.

And yes, I ate some of every one -- from beets to kohlrabi. And I don't even know what kohlrabi is ... There was also some mystery root thing that neither Nancy nor I could identify, but it was consumed, too.

The veggies came from three different farmers and the multi-colored "super" carrots were grown by interns at Food Gatherers.

So, I'm proud to say that my quest to eat more vegetables by buying a share in a CSA, actually, I bought a share in two, is working. And I'm even supplementing them. I can't tell you how many ears of corn on the cob I've eaten this year. As meals.

And for dessert?

Come on, there has to be a prize for eating my vegetables, right? Homemade Angel Food Cake with fresh sliced peaches. Also purchased at the Ann Arbor Farmers' Market.

Does it get any better than that?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]