Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26 - Lisa's Musings (from the 4-H Youth Show) and Every Day Life




This is one of my favorite weeks of the year.

It's Washtenaw County 4-H Youth Show Week at the Farm Council Grounds and I was honored to judge the club educational exhibits today.

OK, so, I'll admit it, that was after I got there.

It was a tough one getting up early for the third consecutive day. I was still tired (and sore) after two days of dog shows during the weekend. But once I got moving (thank you three Advil and two cups of coffee) and the aches and pains subsided, I started having fun.

I want to give two thumb's up to all the 4-Her's. There were some really clever exhibits this year and judging with former County Extension Agent Glenda Kilpatrick was a blast.

This wasn't the first time I've judged these exhibits so I knew what was in store, (a long day on my feet with already tired legs) but it's always nice to be surprised by the creative efforts of tomorrow's leaders.

So, If you have a minute, take a look at the video I uploaded earlier this evening. It was shot by my terrific intern who is heading into her last week working for the A2 Journal. I'm going off topic here, but I'm sure gonna miss her. We've tag-teamed more than one story this month and it's been fun to offer my insight into this crazy business we call newspapering.

This video, story, photo effort from today's judging is just one of the stories we've gone out together to cover.

And, of course, I couldn't resist the cow photos.

Moo to you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]