Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18 - Lisa's Musings (on Where Do Sundays Go) and Every Day Life

It's 6:45 p.m., I've been up for 12 hours, but I have no idea where the day went.

In the Sunday papers, I read about a crew of divers who found a shipwreck with 230-year-old bottles of champagne and they drank one before they got back to shore. Ya gotta love it. A wine expert says that bottle was worth $68,000, so I hope they enjoyed it thoroughly. And that its price isn't deducted from their pay.

So, reading the papers took maybe an hour -- and that's probably pushing it. Sunday papers aren't as interesting as they used to be.

Flowers were watered, the dishes I hand washed last night were put away; but I still need to unload the dishwasher.

I did three loads of wash, worked out, and took a shower.

The dogs were let out. The dogs were let in. The dogs were let out. The dogs were let in ... probably four or five times.

I made myself a yummy leftover real turkey sandwich with stuffing and cooked up some vegetables for the dogs. They've had dinner and mine's cooking.

And I worked on my cat magazine. But I didn't get very far. Everything I tried to do took twice as long as it should have. And, I let a few PR flackies have it via e-mail for not including any useful information about products that their clients are trying to sell.

There was a bunch of e-mail to deal with, bills were paid for the rest of the month and whoosh -- the day's over.

I didn't go anywhere.

I didn't do anything fun.

But I guess I did get a lot done.

So perhaps that's where my Sunday went.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]