Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1 - Lisa's Musings (on being at a loss for words) and Every Day Life

Most days, topics for this blog are no-brainers; today, however, doesn't seem to be one of them.

Maybe because I've been on vacation and spent all day today thinking and thinking and thinking about what I'd say. Obviously, I've completely over-thought this, so now I'm at a total loss for words.

So my way of dealing with this situation is to just keep typing and hope like hell that eventually something good will pop into my brain and flow through my fingers onto the screen.

So far, not so good.

I had no problem writing four stories today, but they were straight-forward news stories and didn't take much thinking to compose. Which is probably a good thing because apparently my creativity is still on vacation.

Even the dogs haven't helped me out -- they've done anything newsworthy.

I haven't seen a single critter outside.

No one took stupid pills before they got in their car and drove near me today en route to and from a Road Commission meeting.

Unlike yesterday, the power stayed on and my Internet didn't go down.

For some inexplicable reason I have no opinions on anything, well, other than this stupid show I have on TV called "America's Got Talent," which after watching for 40 minutes (because I'm too lazy to get up and find the clicker to change the channel) is pretty awful.

But that seems to be the best I can do at this point.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll have something clever to day.

But until then, some days are just days , which all of us are just happy to be around to enjoy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PammH said...

Lisa-enjoyed your blogs the last few days. Good job!

June 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]