Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29 – Lisa’s Musings (on the start of Memorial Day weekend) and Every Day Life

Editor's Note: Lisa is on vacation, but has written her blog posts in advance and charged me with posting every day. So, my name may be at the end as the person who posted it, but this is still her "everyday musings."

Today’s a big day for little Driver. It’s the date of the BIG Backyard Classic show.

Yesterday’s show was just a preamble.

Today, at about 10:30, we’ll be hanging out with 73 other Tollers at the Interstate Center. Only one will be crowed Best of Breed and I can promise you that it won’t be Driver.

I’m not knocking the little guy, but he’s got some growing up to do. His day will come, but I can pretty much promise you it won’t be today.

Hopefully, we’ll get some tips from other Toller breeders who can help me with grooming tips. Driver’s coat has some serious “flippies” in the center of his back and I’m not quite sure how to get rid of them.

I can’t wait to get other breeder’s opinions about him and watch his father compete in the highest level of retrieving tests. In fact, his father was one of the first Tollers to get a Master Hunter title, so it promises to be an exciting day.

Since today marks the official start of the Memorial Day weekend, as well as the unofficial start of summer, it’s now officially OK to break out the white clothing. In moderation, of course.

I plan to white a white shirt to mark the occasion even if you won’t be able to see it under my jacket in the show ring, and yes, the sparkly shoes will be on my feet.

They’re my good luck charms, now.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, so don’t forget the suntan lotion. Either that or try applying some mayonnaise for sunburn relief. (Smile)

I’ll leave you with a quote from the Farmer’s Almanac: “We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”

So, do a jig (or two), maybe a shake, rattle and roll, or maybe just spin in a small circle a couple times for Driver and I today.

Happy start to Memorial Day weekend, everyone.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]