Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20 -- Lisa's Musings (about song birds) and Every Day Life

I was up this morning about 5 a.m. Not because I wanted to be, mind you, but because I had glop dripping down my throat that caused me to choke and gag and well, wake up.

I tromped into the kitchen to get a glass of water in the dark and between gasps for air, I heard it.

A symphony of birds greeting the new day.

I'm sure people in the city have birds that sing but out here in the country, these furry babies can really hit it.

And in between coughs, I listened carefully to their music. And it was delightful.

A real bird person would be able to pick out which song went with which bird species. Me, I haven't a clue. But as I laid back down in bed and closed my eyes, the birds became my lullaby as a drifted back off to sleep.

Two hours later, I awoke for good and immediately opened the windows, the doors and removed as many acoustic barricades to their songs as possible, then enjoyed my first cup of coffee on the three-season porch with the music of nature as my backdrop.

Sun shining, birds singing, life in the country doesn't get any better than that, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

It's fine to take the time to kick back and smell the roses in the country -- the ones the deer haven't already eaten -- but be sure to take some time to really listen to the birds, too.

It's a great way to start a day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]