Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11 - Lisa's Musings (on a forgotten check) and Every Day Life

I'm sure it's happened to you.

You go to write a check and there's one missing. And you can't remember what you wrote the previous check for.

That's been my conundrum for the past few days.

I went to write a check this weekend to a photographer to have Driver's photo taken with his group placement ribbons and the number before the one I was writing was missing.

Poof. Not recorded.

And for the life of me, I could not remember what that darn check was for.

I spent hours going back over my bills, my dog show entries, anything I could think of -- to place that check.

And it seemed like every 15 minutes I was checking my bank account online for its appearance in the e-lineup.

Nothing.

Nodda.

And it was driving me crazy.

I brought it up to a couple of friends who sympathized, and said, just write it off as $100 and be done with it or, I'm sure you didn't write it for that much.

But, I just can't do that.

I might suck at math and numbers, but my checkbook is balanced to the penny. And, I'll waste hours over 13 cents to get it that way.

No, "Oh well, it's only 13 cents, no big deal," in this household.

I want to know that the number in the register is exactly what's in the bank. At all times.

I'm not sure why this is, really, because I'm pretty lax on a lot of other stuff.

But, when it comes to the checkbooks, I'm anal.

So, this morning, with the rain and wind whipping, as I poured my second cup of coffee, it came to me.

I'd had my hair cut and colored last Thursday.

Bingo.

Mystery solved.

And, it was like I'd been given a new lease on life.

Funny how little stuff like figuring out the amount of a missing check can do that to you.

I'm ready to face whatever else today wants to throw at me.

My checkbook is now back to perfect.

And all's balanced and right in my little world.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]