Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18 - Lisa's Musings (on Rotten Colds 2) and Every Day Life

I have rejoined the ranks of the showered and clean clothed -- after spending two days in the same clothing and wrapped in a blanket.

Along with the hacking, gacking and sneezing, I was freezing, and just could not warm up my ailing body.

Today, I made the effort to rejoin the ranks of people without colds and it worked -- for a while anyway.

I left the house and covered a Washtenaw County Road Commission meeting, warning and staying as far away from other humans as was possible.

I was almost full of energy until about 3 p.m., then the tank hit empty. I hit the La Z Boy, wrapped up in two blankets and attempted to take a nap. I left the walkaround phone on its holder because I really didn't want to talk to anyone, so of course, the phone rang off the hook.

It never fails. I rarely take an afternoon nap but when I want to, everyone, every PR firm, every telemarketer and assorted friends and sources, decide to call.

I ignored them all and stayed wrapped up in my blankie. Sorry friends and sources.

I don't get sick very often, so I might as well take full advantage of it while I am.

If the seven days of a cold hold true -- only three more days and I'll be my old self again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]