Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16 - Lisa's Musings (on the Sunday Artisan Market) and Every Day Life








Never let it be said that I'm not a trooper.

I pushed through an as-of-yet-to-be-determined cold or tonsillitis, I'll know tomorrow for sure, to visit the artists at the Sunday Artisan Market in Ann Arbor today.

With nose dripping, throat scratching and feeling really punky, I ventured out in the brilliant sunshine to speak to the artists. And only lost my voice completely at the very end of my planned number of interviews.

If you haven't been there, you really need to check it out, and I've included a few photos of the artist's work as a carrot.

Did I mention free parking in Ann Arbor on Sunday? (Or, at least for now.)

There's so much talent at this market in so many different artistic pursuits. Plus, there's a price range for everyone.

My pick of the day was the rat dressed like the press at Lenea Howe's Folk Art booth. Howe, from Saline, was certainly the bubbliest artist I spoke to and although I didn't tell her I'm not a fan of dolls, her animal varieties were adorable.

And, I loved the fact she was quick to tell me that the media rat was not intended to offend. I thought it was awesome and if I'd brought any money with me, that rat would have come home with me.

She can blame my lack of funds on the farmers. I was at the market yesterday and came home with pretzels, cookies, asparagus, two flowering and one Everbearing strawberry basket, as well as a Gerber daisy.

I'm sure I came home with more stuff, but between the sneezing, the dripping nose, the stuffy head, the swollen tonsils and sore throat, I'm not thinking all that clearly.

Drat, drat, drat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]