Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17 - Lisa's Musings (on rotten colds) and Every Day Life

The verdict has been delivered -- I have a cold and not tonsillitis -- but I'm not sure which would be worse. So I stayed home today and did a lot of work that didn't require me to talk to or infect anyone.

Because when I have the traces of a voice -- it's kind of a cross between a Canada goose and Kermit the Frog. Part honk, part croak, with a lot of hacking and gacking in between.

Really charming.

In fact, when I called my editor this morning to let her know that I was sick, sick, sick she hurried me off the phone because she said I sounded so bad she was afraid she'd get sick through the lines.

Talk about feeling the love.

Yup, it's bad. But it could be worse. It could have happened next week when I'm headed out of town to a huge dog show where there will be more than 90 Tollers. I don't think I've ever seen that many Tollers in one place at one time, so I'm pretty excited about it.

And hopefully, like most colds, no matter what I do, the worst will be over in seven days. Plus, since I Facebooked that I was sick, I've had all kinds of suggestions to ease the pain.

I really liked the hot toddy suggestion, by the way. I have lots of chicken soup left to consume, mac and cheese went down easily and I've stayed home and rested as much as possible. Took a few naps throughout the day.

And, my dogs, bless their little furry hearts, get it, too. They know I'm sick as, uh, well, a dog, and they've left me alone when I nodded off and they've hovered at my feet when I'm writing.

Both of them are trying their little furry heart's out to help. And, just petting their soft heads makes all the difference.

Chicken barley soup from Arbor Farms $3.87, box of night and day cold medicine $6.79, box of Kleenex with lotion, $2.39. Dog's on each side, heads on my lap looking up adoringly, priceless.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]