Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm thankful I didn't burn the turkey




For the second time ever, I cooked Thanksgiving dinner entirely by myself. Now I have a background in cooking; I have been a line cook at 3 different restaurants and a background with pastry.

But cooking a turkey is very new to me. I cooked one once before and something just did not go right. I could not put my finger on it, but it wasn't that good.

This year, I managed to get it right. I stuffed my turkey with sweet onions, sage, parsley and savory. I cooked it at 325 degrees for 3 1/2 hours. My husband said it was amazing and my dog got her own plate.

It was a very nice, low key Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]