Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sept. 25 - Lisa's Musings (on rabbit shows) and Every Day Life








It’s been a very long time since I’ve been to a rabbit show.

In another life, I raised and showed Holland Lop rabbits. In fact, I was one of the top breeders in the country and flew them to specialty and national shows all across the USA.

So it was fun to go to the Ann Arbor Rabbit Breeder’s Show at the Farm Council Grounds today. And see judges I hadn’t seen in many, many moons.

The last time I attended this club’s show, it was held in the summer and was a midnight madness show, which started in the evening and continued into the wee hours of the morning.

I drove all the way from Virginia to Ann Arbor because it was the last points show of the season, and I was running national points with my rabbits that year.

I remember it well. It was hot, hot, hot and my rabbits got their cute little butts kicked. Needless to say, it was a long drive back to Virginia without the points I needed to move any of my rabbits up in the point standings.

But, that was a long time ago.

Today, it was all about taking photos and talking to club members for a story. And it brought back some fun memories.

It was great to see those cute little Holland Lop rabbits I spent so many years raising, enjoying and showing. And the good news was the faults I'd worked so hard to breed out of my Holland lines were no longer a problem for today's lines.

I’m sure that in the backgrounds of some of these rabbits are the bloodlines I so carefully developed during my years in the fancy.

And it made me smile.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]