Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, September 20, 2010

Sept. 20 - Lisa's Musings (on fall) and Every Day Life

Happy Monday, everyone.

Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you -- I'm having a fine, fine Monday.

I just love this cool weather, just two days before the official start of fall. It's my favorite, favorite, favorite time of year.

Well, OK, except for the leaf dropping thing ... that's kind of a pain, but before they flutter to the ground, they sure look pretty, so that makes the clean-up part worth it. Or at least in my book.

And, as I drive around I'm beginning to see those marvelous colors, too. Bring it on.

Pumpkins, chrysanthemums, gourds -- did I tell you about the ones I bought recently that look like different breeds of birds? They are amazingly cool.

Corn mazes. You have to love all the corn mazes that have cropped up, so to speak, in recent years in the area. I can't wait to spend a little time in them. And soon.

But for tonight, it's a trip to Ann Arbor for a city council meeting and you better believe I'll have my special rump and back saver seat cushion in place. I forgot to mention two weeks ago that it got its first real test and passed with comfy colors.

Oh, and by the way, don't tell me what happens on "Dancing With the Stars" or "Castle" tonight, I'm DRVing them to watch tomorrow.

Happy Monday, everyone. Hope it was a good one.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]