Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, October 11, 2010

Hello Ann Arbor Journal Readers

My name is Jodie Mason and I am the new staff writer for the Ann Arbor Journal. I look forward to receiving feedback and getting to know all my readers, but first, a little information about me.

I was born in Jackson, Michigan, but I lived in Florida for a short time. I moved to Ann Arbor in 2005 and have lived in the area ever since.

I graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a double bachelor's degree in journalism and electronic media and film studies with a concentration in film studies. I also have a background in digital video editing and an associates in English and general studies from Washtenaw Community College.

During college, I worked for The Eastern Echo, first as a copy editor and then as the opinions section editor, as well as working for the Ann Arbor District Library.

I love to cook and bake, watch movies and take my dog for walks with my husband.

I love to write and I have a passion for journalism. I love to cover events and let people know what is happening at city council, in the schools and anywhere around the city.

My favorite restaurant in Ann Arbor is Zingerman's Deli, I love the Michigan Theater and I had my wedding photos taken in graffiti alley. I can genuinely say I care about this city and I look forward to bringing you all the information you need.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]