Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween is my favorite holiday




I just love Halloween. I would say it's my favorite holiday. We basically get an entire month of beautiful fall weather, cider mills, donuts, caramel apples, corn mazes, horror films and haunted houses, followed by a holiday where we can eat as much candy as we want.

In honor of the holiday, my husband and I decided to head out to Chelsea and visit the Chelsea Corn Maze. Neither of us had ever been and I had heard that it was a good time.

One half of the corn maze is family-friendly, with clues along the way to guide you in the right direction. The maze takes about a half hour to complete. On the other side is a scarier version of the maze, with dummies along the way during the day. But at night, they hire actors to jump out at you in costume. It's obviously not family friendly but seems like it would be a good time for someone looking for a scare.

I hope to have some more time in the coming weeks to visit a few more cider mills and haunted houses. But for now, I recommend the Chelsea Corn Maze. They are located off 94, get off on Exit 159 and just look for the signs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]