Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23 - Lisa's Musings (on naps) and Every Day Life

Taking an afternoon nap is one of life's best little pleasures.

This opinion comes after indulging in one this afternoon.

Yup, under a warm, fluffy blanket, doors and windows open with lots of fresh spring air circulating through the room.

But don't tell my editor, please, she might take my "star" away.

While she was madly laying out and proofreading Thursday's A2 Journal, Saline Reporter and Milan News Leader, I wrote a couple stories, uploaded a video and took a nap.

It's been a very long time since I added a few extra afternoon zzzz's to my day because I'm usually too busy covering or writing stories.

But after a couple of rough days dealing with my back, I wanted to give it another 24 hours before I headed out and about.

So, after putting the dogs out in their yard to enjoy the midafternoon sun, I came upstairs, and the LaZBoy called to me.

Like a Siren.

And I admit it, I succumbed.

And I'm glad I did.

Because tomorrow, there are morning interviews with clay artists and an AA Board of Education meeting at night.

Thursday is the weekly editorial meeting followed by a late afternoon story where a chess champ will be appearing at one of the AA schools.

Friday, I'll be at two different schools for special reading programs.

Saturday, there's the African Violet show, an Easter Egg Scramble at Vet's Park and a trip to Planet Rock to meet with members of a new 4-H Club.

Sunday, I'll learn about making Ukranian eggs at the Ann Arbor Art Center and talk to student artists who have their work hung inside businesses on Main Street.

Yup, taking a nap today was a good thing; I'm getting tried just thinking about the rest of my week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]