Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22 - Lisa's Musings on (Back Pain - Day II) and Every Day Life

I can almost hear the sizzle.

Of skin under a CVS heat patch that I had a friend slap on my aching back this afternoon.

I babied the stupid injury all day yesterday -- I stretched it, warmed it, heated it, non-aspirined it. Rinse. Repeat.

And woke up this morning thinking I'd healed it.

Oh no.

It was still sleeping early this morning, then slowly geared up, screaming for "something" by mid-morning -- about the time I needed to buckle down and get writing.

I can feel the burn all right.

It must be the "Capsicum Treatment," a topical analgesic for temporary relief from minor muscle and joint pain associated with arthritis, backaches, sprains and strains and bruises, according to the packaging.

I have to rip the thing off at least one hour before a shower or bath and I can't use it immediately after one or the other.

I'm thinking it would be akin to pouring lighter fluid on charcoal.

I'd supposed to stop use and ask a doctor if I get a "rash, itching or excessive skin irritation develops. If the conditions worsen or symptoms persist for more than seven days or if symptoms clean up then occur again within seven days.

The active ingredients are BHT, calcium carbonate, C4-6 olefin/styrene copolymer, glyceryl abietate, isopropyl myristate, polybutene, poly .... you get the idea ... a lot of stuff I've never heard of before that combined are hot, hot, hot.

I'm almost scared to think about what my skin's going to look like when I yank it off.

But for now, I'm just happy it's working.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]