Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feb. 10 - Lisa's Musings From Every Day Life





I took advantage of the snow today in an unexpected way.

Sure, I shoveled the walk and took pity on the birds.

As promised, I romped in the white stuff with the dogs, and we lost three tennis balls somewhere under the snow.

It wasn't good packing snow, but we made the most of it.

Then, the unexpected happened. The Fed Ex delivery man braved my unplowed driveway and arrived at my door with a surprise gift.

I couldn't wait to get to it.

So, after writing a couple stories, and making a bunch of phone calls and sending out a bunch of e-mails ... you know, grown-up work stuff ... I got to PLAY.

Thanks to Colorbok, Inc. of Ann Arbor, which sent me Printoons.

I'd never heard of Printoons, and I'm not sure who sent them because there was no note.

Maybe I have a secret admirer or the company knew I'm a book reviewer.

I haven't a clue because there was no note in the box.

But there were these very cool finger painting books for those 5 years and up -- so I qualify.

Printoons allow you to illustrate your own story book.

Although I was sent a princess, a pirate and a dinosaur book, I went right for the sports one. And, as you can see, I finger painted a person carrying the Olympic torch before I watch it arrive in the stadium Friday night on TV.

But I could finger paint a soccer player or tennis player, figure skater or goalie.

A skier or basketball player, swimmer, football or baseball player.

The possibilities, 24 pages worth, allow you to make little people using your own fingerprints.

It's SOOO cool.

So if anyone knows how I received this very cool gift, tell them thank you.

It was the perfect thing to do ... on a snow day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]