Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feb. 4 - Lisa's Musings From Every Day Life

My dogs decided that today was a perfect morning to get me up early.

I’m hoping it was because they didn’t want me to miss the glorious sunrise this morning.

Did you happen to see it – or were your pets and plans kind enough to let you sleep through it?

When my pupper danced on my head at 7-something this morning, I was greeted with a face full of Toller fur and a wet dog tongue slurping my face … and when I was able to open my eyes -- a view of the sky that included brilliant oranges and pinks and purples.

Amazing vibrant and bright colors danced across the sky like a flat rainbow rising above the tree line.

I don’t know, maybe this is the way it is every morning … I’m not usually up early
enough to witness it … but it sure was beautiful.

And during the winter, there don’t seem to be enough sunny days to chirp about so I guess I’m glad that I was up early to enjoy all of its hours.

Or not.

Have you ever noticed that also during these sunny winter days that every clump of dog hair and cobweb, every dusty surface and smudge on the window cries out for attention like a neon sign?

Unlike waking up with a dog tromping all over you, I can ignore the dog dust bunnies and nose window prints on the windows; at least until the next sunny day.

But about this getting up before 8 a.m. thing?

The dogs and I – or at least the younger of the two and I – will have a little discussion tonight about the regularity of this behavior.

Once in a while – when there’s a really cool sunrise, I suppose it’s OK; other times, I’ll remind him who fills his dog bowl with an expensive raw diet.

Did I mention that the birds were happily chirping at that hour as well?

When I headed to the end of the driveway to pick up my two newspapers this morning, the sun was fully up but a smudged version of the colors remained.

I guess I can’t get too mad about being up that early to experience it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]