Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb. 9 - Lisa's Musings From (Ann Arbor) and Every Day Life



If it's going to snow, let it snow. Enough of this 1- or 2-inch annoying stuff.

When I got up this morning and I spied those small "I mean business" snowflakes, I got excited.

Even though I knew I'd have to go out and drive in it. I could tell, finally, we're going to get snow of some significance.

Driving into Ann Arbor this morning at about 9 a.m., with the light dusting, it was actually more slippery than when the snow started to take hold.

As in, when I drove home about 1 p.m.

This was the real stuff.

And I know, some people are groaning about it, but, come on folks, this is Michigan. It's winter. We want and deserve one good snowstorm.

Besides, I haven't had to shovel yet and it's already February.

OK, I should have shoveled when we had snow a few weeks ago, but my back decided to go bonkers and I was in a pain-killing pharmaceutical delirium, so I pretty much missed the whole thing.

I want to enjoy this one.

Enjoy using the snow shovel for the first time this year.

Enjoy watching my dogs romp and play in snow that's deeper than the tops of their paws.

So tomorrow morning, I'll put on the snow boots and venture out in it with them.

Hopefully, the snow will pack and I can make snow balls to throw for my retrievers, and when they are tired of playing in the snow, we'll come inside and warm up by a fire in the fireplace.

So I can get to work, of course.

So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]