Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21 - Lisa's Musings (on avoidance behavior) and Every Day Life

It's one of those Mondays.

I'm headed to Ann Arbor for a city council meeting with something like eight public hearings (and people who attend council meetings in Ann Arbor like to be heard) followed by an 11-page agenda.

Of course, the best stuff is near the end of the 11 pages, but there are a bunch of other items that I think readers will be interested in reading about so, I'm afraid I'll be there for the duration.

And, if I'm home before 2 a.m., I'll be pleased.

And surprised.

As I told my editor, it's going to be a long night and I've packed my sleeping bag, pillow and provisions. Well, the provisions, anyway. I have all kinds of snacks to keep me awake during the proceedings.

And, like having a dentist's appointment, I've done everything possible to try and keep my mind off of the night ahead. But I can't do it any longer.

I've eaten. The dogs have eaten and I'm off for an exciting night in the council chambers. On those uncomfortable benches that kill my back. And my butt.

I keep threatening to buy a seat cushion like U-M football fans. The problem is I'll happily tough it out for a football game.

A council meeting? Not so much.

Plus, I'm missing "The Bachelorette."

Maybe I'll be surprised and get home early enough to watch it on the DVR.

Yup, trying to think positively.

But I think it's a matter of having a rich fantasy life, and I hear it's more prevalent on the first day of summer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]