Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 19 - Lisa's Musings ( on yard sales) and Every Day Life


You've heard the saying I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out?

Well, I went out on a story about yard sales and, yup, you guessed it, I came home with something.

And, it wasn't just any something, it was a really huge something. Look at the size of this dog crate.

I know, you're probably thinking, yeah, so, you have two dogs, which is true, but I have medium-sized dogs. A small pony could be happy in this crate.

And my dogs have plenty of crates.

So, I actually didn't really need a crate this large, but Banjo, my friend Nancy's dog did. And when he travels to the dog shows with my dogs -- she has to load her crate into my van and well, the kind she has really doesn't fit all that well in my van.

Especially when we go on long road trips, which we're planning to do in September when we head to my breed's big national specialty in Minnesota.

So now Banjo has a proper crate that's already packed in my van at a quarter of the price of a new one.

And, he's already checked it out and deemed it comfy.

So, if you haven't gone to a garage or yard sale lately, 'tis the season.

Ya never know what you might find for yourself. A friend. Or even a friend's dog. At a very reasonable price.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]