Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29 - Lisa's Musings (on Kiwanis Crazy Hat Day) and Every Day Life































Who among you doesn't love a fun hat?

Welcome to Crazy Hat Day at the Ann Arbor Downtown Kiwanis Club.

Today, I was invited to the club's lunch meeting by member Kathy Griswold (in the hat with peep's hanging off of it) and I certainly couldn't pass up the chance to wear one of my own. I thought about wearing my special Farm Bureau Ag crown, but decided to go a bit more conservatively.

And to be in a room with almost 100 different people -- all wearing hats, now that's the way to spend a few hours on a Monday afternoon.

And most weren't just any old hats, either, they were Crazy Hats.

I took so many great photos, I couldn't wait to share some of them, even if the story won't run until next Thursday.

So, forget fish stories, (although there were a few), most of these hats had amazing happy and fun personal stories attached to them, which I'll have to wait to share.

Let me tell you, with a start like this, I can tell already, it's gonna be a great week.

Even if I should have worn the tiara.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]