Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28 - Lisa's Musings (on rainy Sundays) and Every Day Life

I know lots of people complain about rainy days.

Especially on the weekend.

I don't happen to be one of them.

Weather happens, folks, and without the rainy or stormy or snowy days, none of us would fully appreciate the truly perfect weather days.

So here's my Top Five Reasons for enjoying today's rain.

No. 5: It forced me to stay inside and get some spring cleaning (and busy work) done.

Had it been nice outside today, I'd have been riding the lawn tractor around the property to mulch the leaves that I had hoped would just go away once the snow melted. And haven't.

No. 4: This U-M grad is watching and rooting for Michigan State. It's called March Madness for a reason, and I'm going with it. Plus, the NASCAR race at Martinsville was rained out.

No. 3: No sunshine hides the spider webs and dust bunnies. Unless I look really, really hard. That bright sunshine -- it magnifies all the dog hair, dirt and dust in this house. And believe me, there is a lot of all three.

No. 2: Dreary days me glad I have African Violets because their pretty purple, pink and white flowers glow in bad weather. Not sure why but, they just do. Plus, after having a discussion with a few plants that weren't making the grade last week, they were replaced at the semi-annual local African Violet sale yesterday. So I have new ones to look at.

No.1: Sleeping dogs. There's something about crappy weather that puts my pups to sleep. And as anyone who owns active young dogs knows -- a napping dog/puppy is a good dog/puppy.

And now that I've blogged, almost finished the wash, watered the plants, done some spring cleaning, and written a few stories, I just might head to my chair, snuggle under a blanket, and join them.

Happy Rainy Sunday, everyone.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]