Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27 - Lisa's Musings (on Easter Egg Scrambles) and Every Day Life












There's nothing like standing in a confined space with plastic Easter eggs near your feet and having hundreds of young children race down a hill at you.

Today was my first Jaycees' Easter Egg Scramble at Veteran's Park.

As I stood at the bottom of that hill watching more and more eager children (up to age 4) stack up at the top with their parents, I questioned whether this was the best place to position myself.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

And when more and more children and adults began lining up along the side of the hill directly opposite me, I wondered if I'd survive the Easter egg rush.

Happily, I did.

And, hopefully, I was able to catch it on video.

I know I got some amazing photos, some of which are posted above.

Some days are awesome photo days and this was one of them

So I had to share.

But let me tell you, standing down hill from an army of egg scramblers -- even if they were half my size -- isn't for the meek.

I chose the area for the smallest scramblers, figuring that was my best bet.

But when that magical "Go," was heard, I watched through a Flipcam.

And I stood my ground.

For as long as I could, anyway, when there were eggs under my feet.

Then I scrambled away.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]