Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Monday, February 22, 2010

Jan. 22 - Lisa's Musings From Every Day Life

Not to belabor the birthday thing, but I got a pretty great belated gift from Mother Nature today.

Although it officially started snowing out here on my birthday; it didn't really get its mojo on until this morning.

Then it rocked and rolled.

And my dogs romped and rolled.

And I shoveled.

But this time around, I got smart and since it was really good packing snow, I made snowballs and tossed them. Then watched both dogs bound through a lot of inches of it, like, well, Tollers, retrieving snow.

During the last storm, I took out three yellow tennis balls and in about 15 minutes all three were buried under it, not to be found until the snow melted.

Which it did, so I was really hoping for a storm on the 21st -- one more good one before spring arrives.

What can I say, when you have a birthday in February, you hope for a snowy day, so you can really call it your own and enjoy it.

I admit it, I LOVE the snow, just like my dogs.

Especially when I don't have to drive anywhere in it. Like today.

In fact, it's a little after three and although my mail arrived, my driveway's plowed and the walkway is shoveled, I'm really glad I don't have to navigate my road tonight to cover a meeting.

So, thanks Mother Nature, you might have been a day late, but certainly not a dollar short.

Or something like that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]