Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3 - Lisa's Musings (on not getting a new dishwasher) and Every Day Life

I've needed a new dishwasher for probably a year. Maybe longer.

But it's just one of those things that's not all that much fun to buy.

It's ancient and it still works -- kinda-sorta. But, I refuse to put my new dishes in it because I don't want them ruined.

But, I've been getting more and more aggravated hand washing the pretty dishes I bought this winter. I hate not using them, because I like them. But sometimes I don't, because well, then I have to become the dishwasher.

You see the plastic stuff that covers the wire on the drawers has rusted off, so I'm not so sure how clean my dishes get or even if I should be using it at all.

Plus, the stupid thing leaves rust marks on the back of the dishes.

So yesterday I decided that it was finally time -- that today I'd head into town and buy a new dishwasher. My friend, Nancy, measured the space it's in and away we went.

First, I got my raspberries and a few other things at the Chelsea Farmers' Market, then we headed to Polly's -- oh yeah, I've also needed salt for the water softener for a long time too and I almost forgot to buy four bags, but Nancy remembered at the last minute.

My printer was low on black ink, so we headed to Staples, and swung back into town to Heydlauff's.

It was time to suck it up and buy a new dishwasher, with the hope that it could be in place on Tuesday.

The problem was, I didn't realize that the local appliance store WAS CLOSED today. Sigh ...

It'll be open Monday, and I think maybe tomorrow, too, but I wanted to buy the darn thing today.

So, I guess I'll have to wait a little longer ... and use it one more time.

As I type, it's running.

With a bunch of my new pots and pans and bowls and dishes air drying on towels on the counter on top of it.

After I hand washed them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]