Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2 - Lisa's Musings From Every Day Life

So, will I see you Sunday at the annual Jaycees 4th of July Parade? This year it begins at 11 a.m. instead of 10 a.m. downtown and if you haven't gone -- you are really missing out on a great parade.

I went for the first time last year, after I finally figured out how to get my van out of the garage with a malfunctioning garage door -- but that's another story.

Short of a good fireworks display, this event has the perfect amount of red, white and blue sizzle, great music, and familiar faces -- did I mention quirky groups no one sees any other time of year? -- for a terrific Independence Day celebration.

Add in some grilled food, strawberry shortcake, fresh lemonade, oh, go ahead, toss in some ice cream -- and you've got my idea of a great July 4th weekend.

I'm looking forward to mine, let me tell you, because at the rate I'm writing, I might even get to take off Monday.

You got a preview of some of the food I'll be sampling yesterday but I'll fill in the gaps as it unfolds.

The Chelsea Farmers' Market, old tractors and hopefully a new dishwasher tomorrow, a parade on Sunday and maybe a day off Monday?

Happy Fourth of July Long Weekend everyone. Enjoy and be safe.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]