Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27 - Lisa's Musings (on good days) and Every Day Life













You know when you wake up and you just know it’s going to be a great day?

Before your feet hit the floor.

The kind of day when your coffee tastes really, really good, and the birds are chirping loudly?

And, the sun’s out, but it’s cool enough to wear a vest -- but not cold enough to wear a coat?

As I headed to Project RED at the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds, I was in the kind of mood that the morons who cut me off didn’t faze me.

I “Glee”-fully sang The Beatles’ “Hello, Good-Bye” loudly to the radio version, and although I knew it was horribly off-key, it was OK.

It was the kind of day when it sounded great, anyway.

Project RED, as always, was lots of fun. Lots of kids oohing and aahing over the farm animals.

I think my video will tell the story – and I’m waiting for my Internet connection to come back up, so I can get the code and Facebook AND Tweat about it.

I know my photos turned out really, really well and I couldn’t help myself, I’ve included a few since the story won’t appear in the paper until next Thursday.

My house smells like herbs because I stuffed and am roasting a chicken with some of the ones that I’ve been growing since I bought an herb garden from Gracia Greenhouses at the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market.

It’s the first time I’ve harvested and used them so I’m excited to taste the difference between the bottle variety and the ones I grew myself.

Yes, I knew when I woke up this morning it was going to be a great day and by George, it’s been a dandy humdinger.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]