Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29 - Lisa's Musings (on the weekend) and Every Day Life

It's been a long time since I've said, "bring on the weekend."

But I'm like a little kid before Christmas.

I realized it today when I was leaving our weekly editorial meeting.

As you know, the president's going to be in town Saturday.

And, I'm not covering it.

In fact, my editor asked me if I was going to whine about being bumped off A-1 for President Obama's speech to U of M graduates.

Nope.

Un-Uh.

Narry a whimper.

Take it away. No problem.

I know there are a lot of people who are really excited to see a sitting president in Ann Arbor.

I just don't happen to be one of them.

Been there, done that.

I've covered Nixon, Reagan, Ford, even Carter. Think that's all of them.

You see, I've realized that I'm getting a little long in the tooth to cover some things.

Like presidential visits.

And late night meetings.

I actually fell asleep during a meeting last night, which means I need to turn in my crown; it's official, I'm no longer the Queen of Late Night.

But I'm OK with that.

So, it's time to pass the baton on some assignments.

To younger reporters, who haven't had the opportunity to cover really big assignments.

Like presidents coming to town.

So, while I will be setting an early-morning alarm, like all the people who will see and cover the president on Saturday, I'll be heading in a different direction.

I'm taking the weekend off to show my dog.

And, I'm very excited about not working. And heading out of town.

Did I mention: Bring on the weekend?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]