Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Friday, September 25, 2009

My Night As A Queen




During the last 10 or so years I'm sure I've covered more community and 4-H fairs than any other journalist in the county.
Each year, I've been on the "fair beat" and, truth be told, I've enjoyed every one.
At the end of fair season, I'd proclaim to my editors that I deserved a crown as queen of fair coverage.
I never got one.
That is ... until this year.
And it didn't come from an editor, rather from the Washtenaw County Farm Bureau.
Along with naming me its Ag Communicator of the year Thursday night, I was surprised (REALLY, REALLY surprised) to receive my very own tiara AND matching sash with Ag Communicator '09 written on it in silver glitter!
And not only did I wear both all night during the annual meeting, but also all the way home. You should have seen the doubletakes from other drivers.
The plaque was beautiful, but the tiara and sash, they are priceless.
There are a precious few moments in life that one remembers forever. This is one of them.
I was fair queen for a night and it was a dream come true.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]