Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal

Welcome to Inside the Newsroom @ A2 Journal, a blog written by the newspaper's staff at A2 Journal, a new, weekly, community newspaper covering Ann Arbor. This blog is a place for members of the newspaper's staff to write their thoughts, observations, opinions and other informative pieces they put together while covering the rich history, interesting people, institutions and traditions that make Ann Arbor such a unique community.


Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas 2009





Here's a Christmas idea that Ann Arbor residents can appreciate. A recycled, reused and repurposed Christmas.
In 2009, I decided to begin celebrating the season again after a several year hiatus, but I didn't want to spend any money to do it.
First, there's gingerbread cookies.
Then, my tree, er, branch, came from my property; the stand is a recycled plastic jug. The pine cone decorations came attached to the branch, while the popcorn was strung with care (and supervision from my puppy) from a tin I'd been given as a gift.
There are bows and handmade ornaments, too.
The result is pretty cute, I think. But you be the judge.
Now, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]